Commitment to Excellence
Supporting Our Local Community
At McGregor on the Water we take part in various initiatives throughout the year to support many organizations and charities throughout the community. We believe that any successful business should give back to their community and support our future generations. We avidly advocate for KRG Children’s Charities. This is a charity based out of Toronto – but gives to so many children’s organizations found in and around our area.
The following are some of the events our crew members have participated in over the past few years:
- KRG Children’s Charities Golf Tournament – Proceeds go to various Children’s Charities
- KRG Jump for Ooch – Proceeds go to Camp Oochigeas; a camp for children with cancer
- Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital Paediatric initiatives
- Mariposa House Hospice
- Boating Business Golf Tournament – Proceeds go to Children’s Charities
- Georgian College 5 × 10 Initiative – the goal is to have 500 Marine students enrolled in the program by 2010
- Couchiching Terrier Junior C Hockey Sponsor – we have sponsored our local athletes in pursuing their dream for excellence in hockey
- Albert and Temmy Latner Family Foundation at Mount Sinai Hospital
- Orillia Figure Skating Club Golf Tournament and Carnival Sponsor
- Stayner Siskins Junior C Hockey Sponsor
- Aiden MacDonald – North Central Predators AAA Hockey – individual Sponsor
As boaters, we often take for granted the luxury of being on the water and don’t realize how lucky we are to be living such a lifestyle. We would like to thank all our customers for their support and donations in helping us give back to those who need it!
Family Fun Day
Family Fun Day
Every year we host a fundraiser barbecue for our customers and suppliers. We have raffles, silent auctions and prizes. It’s a great time, rain or shine, with lots of food, drinks, games and prizes! The past couple of years we have divided up all monies raised to several different fundraisers – some local and dear to our hearts and some in the city but just as important.
This year we raised money for KRG Children’s Charities as well as OSMH. With the support of our boaters we were able to donate $5000 to the Orillia Paediatrics Unit at Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital. The funds will support the purchase of a central patient monitoring system (CPMS) to benefit Soldiers’ youngest patients and their families.
We chose to donate to the Paediatrics Unit at Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital which has a special place in our hearts for all the amazing care they have provided our families.
KRG Children’s Charities is where we donate every year from our BBQ and is an umbrella foundation that donates top several different children’s charities. For more information, please visit http://www.krgccf.org
The Staff at McGregor on the Water would like to thank all our loyal customers for attending our annual Family Fun Day BBQ and donating their time and $$ to such important causes
Stay tuned for next years BBQ! Celebrating 20 years in business in 2020!!